Tuesday, December 16, 2008

A Lesson Worthy of an 'A'

Inspirational. Engaging. Passionate.

Maybe other words will come to your mind when you consider the teaching style of Benjamin Zander. See him in action at Pop!Tech, a TED-style conference that brings about 'change' by sharing rich conversations with great thinkers.

There are no slides in this Pop!Cast presentation, but an amazing transformation takes place in both a learner and his audience thanks to the work of a master teacher...


Only teachers who truly love teaching and learning, can possibly lead others to consider living life 'in possibility'.

Thanks to Garr Reynolds for reflecting on this one!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I thank you for sharing this video. I hope that people all over the world will view it and be moved by it. It is especially important that teachers and parents who touch the lives of our youth have the vision that life is possibility!!!
~Heidi

Rodd Lucier said...

Heidi,
Some things I come across are so influential that they have to be shared. Even though most will find it difficult to set aside more than a few minutes, this master teacher is well worth the time.

Thanks for pointing it out to even more folks over at your blog! I hope others will find the time to be inspired...

Yvonne Osborn said...

I also thank you for posting this video.I was so glad that I took time out to watch it to the end and see the amazing transformation which took place in the learner through the mastery of the teacher and the way in which he encouraged the student to connect with the audience.I hope that I will be able to use this inspiration in my Art teaching in 2009.I thank my sister in law, Helen Hickson, daily for discovering "The Clever Sheep" and I hope many more teachers and parents will find you via my blog.
Thanks Rodd,
Yvonne (Melbourne, Australia)

Heli said...

Hi Rodd,
thanks for this videa and your blog: I have been reading all your posts beginning from september ( I was a CCK08 student and found you there).

You help and support many teachers in developing our e-teaching. You seem to know all the possibilities that online technology offers.
I will follow your blog the rest of my life :) I hope you all good and a happy new year 2009.